Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) are Costly and Dangerous – Can Cause Fires – Even Explosions!

By | June 26, 2011

 

 

 

For the Full Report in PDF Form, please click here.

 

A compact fluorescent light (CFL) on the ceiling burst and started a fire in a home in Hornell, N.Y. December 23, 2010. “Those are the lights everybody’s been telling us to use,” said Joe Gerych, Steuben County Fire Inspector. “It blew up like a bomb. It spattered all over.” Fire Chief Mike Robbins said the blaze destroyed the room where the fire started and everything in it, and the rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage. The Arkport Village Fire Department as well as the North Hornell Fire Department required about 15 minutes to put out the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.