- Growth Response of Aspen Trees to Elevated Carbon Dioxide and Ozone
- Grand Minimum of the Total Solar Irradiance Leads to the Little Ice Age
- Modern Growth Trends of Earth's Forests
- Natural and Anthropogenic Perturbations in Cloud Albedo
- Plant Productivity: Growth Response to C02 When Coupled with Ozone
|Senator Bingaman's Insidious National "Renewable Electricity Standards" Bill, S. 3813|
|Written by Glenn R. Schleede|
|Monday, 08 November 2010 11:42|
On September 21, 2010, US Senator Bingaman (D-NM) introduced a bill1 that would create an insidious national “Renewable Electricity Standard” (RES). Bingaman now has 32 cosponsors but expects 60. The bill would result in higher monthly bills for millions of home owners and renters, farms, businesses, industries, hospitals, educational institutions, and any other organization that uses electricity.
Despite the intense citizen displeasure with Congress, Bingaman’s RES bill shows that both Democrats and Republicans, while in Washington, are eager to favor special interests and their lobbyists while ignoring the adverse impact of their actions on the nation’s ordinary citizens, consumers and taxpayers. The bill belies Republican claims that they favor less federal government intrusion, control, and damage.
|Last Updated on Monday, 08 November 2010 11:51|