- Stewardship and Sustainable Development in a World of Rising Atmospheric C02
- The Response Of Enchinoderms to Ocean Acidification
- The Response of Peanut Plants to Changes in Climate and Atmospheric C02
- Effects of Ocean Acidification on Marine Coccolithophores
- Alpine Ecosystem Responses to Rising Temperature and Atmospheric C02
|Written by W.J.R. Alexander|
|Friday, 26 October 2012 00:00|
[Illustrations, footnotes and references available in PDF version]
This well at Kom Umbu on the banks of the Nile River was built in Roman times. It was connected to the river. The relationship could be calculated between the number of steps inundated each year and the extent of the area that was inundated by beneficial flood water, and was therefore taxable,. This was the world’s first prediction model!
Today in some Western nations, taxes are levied to control greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere that are claimed to result in undesirable climate change.
|Last Updated on Monday, 29 October 2012 10:41|